Close This Window
Terms & Conditions
You MUST CLICK ALL THE WAY THROUGH the process and RECEIVE AN ORDER NUMBER.
If you do not receive an order number, contact us at contact@BetterEdit.com immediately!
- BetterEdit's aim is to provide a quality service with integrity. Likewise, we hope you, the client, will enter into this relationship in a spirit of mutual benefit and collaboration.
- We believe you will be satisfied with our service. We say this because we have many clients who keep coming back.
- We know most of our clients by name and we hope to get to know yours as well.
- We NEVER share your contact information. We don't like spam either!
- We NEVER share your writing or research. We respect and honor the effort you have put into your work--it belongs to you. We do not share this information.
The terms and conditions are basically letting you know that while we do our best at BetterEdit to help you communicate your ideas more effectively and efficiently, in the end, you must make sure your document says what you want it to say.
We will communicate with you and work to edit your document to the best of our ability. However, you, the client, alone are responsible for the content, quality, and final use of your document. BetterEdit and its editors disclaim all liability for any loss, damage, or injury resulting from the use of edited material.
To this end:
- You are advised that plagiarism and breach of copyright are serious offenses. BetterEdit assumes no responsibility for such content.
- We do not do research for you.
- BetterEdit retains the right to refuse any work that it deems to be offensive or objectionable.
- BetterEdit is not responsible for lost work. Clients should always retain the original and submit copies for editing.
- BetterEdit retains the right to refuse any work that it feels it cannot complete within the client's specified timeframe.
- Prices quoted are estimates only, based upon such things as: readability and technical insights required for any particular work, and are subject to change without notice.
- Clients can and should obtain a specific quotation before commencement of work.
- We are normally able to edit your document for you for the stated fee but we reserve the right to charge additional fees should the English prove to be more difficult than normal to edit.
- BetterEdit does not provide any warranties of its services, expressed or implied. We do not guarantee that your marks will improve after using our service.
- Any corrections, comments or suggestions made by BetterEdit in connection with a job, are those deemed appropriate for the work in hand. The use of these corrections, comments or suggestions is at the discretion of the client since you, alone, are responsible for the content of your work.
- BetterEdit is not responsible for any circumstances beyond our control that prevent us from fulfilling our contract. (e.g. loss of power) In these circumstances the client may be entitled to a refund of monies paid. All such refunds are at the sole discretion of BetterEdit.
Error and Omissions
- BetterEdit will not be held responsible for errors or omissions because the client did not clearly communicate requirements. If we are not sure of your requirements, we will make efforts to find out from you what they are.
- Clients are welcomed to request revision work at any time during, or immediately after, the conclusion of editing and are advised to seek revisions rather than complain that something was not done correctly. If you believe we have made a mistake, tell us and we will rectify the problem.
- Once we receive email notification from you that you are happy with our work, or we have not heard from you within seven days of returning your work we assume you have "signed off" on the project. You are then completely responsible for the use of your document and we will not be held accountable for any outcomes.
- We will always let you know what the editing fees are before we commence work. Payment is to be made by the client before we begin editing unless other arrangements have been made. The client will reimburse BetterEdit.com for direct expenses incurred in completing a project. Clients will be informed if there are additional charges beyond the original quote before costs are incurred.
Security and Privacy
- BetterEdit will not sell, distribute or otherwise deal with your submitted information, or any part thereof, to a third party. Clients may request that documents be destroyed after an editing project has been completed. If this instruction is not received BetterEdit.com may retain a copy of your documents for backup purposes only.
- BetterEdit reserves the right to use in our promotional efforts comments you make in email, in person, or over the phone; however, your full name will not be used. This will be in the form of client testimonials as presented on our website and in advertising materials. You can request at any time that your comments not be used, or removed from our website or advertising materials.
- BetterEdit.com and/or its editors may terminate a project at any time for any reason.
- BetterEdit.com recognizes that academic evaluation of student work depends on considerations beyond our control, including but not limited to: meeting criteria, validity of the work, originality of the work, accuracy of the work, and opinion of the professor, tutor or other assessor. We cannot be held legally or otherwise responsible for disappointing grades due to these factors, or any other factor, including the negligence of editors, staff, or claims of such negligence.
- The client agrees to indemnify and hold BetterEdit.com, its editors, employees, subsidiaries, officers, agents and affiliates harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable fees and costs for the service of an attorney, or as may be made by any third party due to or arising from use of the service or website, or violation by the client, or infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity by the client.
Limitation of Liability
- BetterEdit.com, its editors, owners, directors, officers, employees, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, or licensers are NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR LOSS OF DATA, IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS SERVICE OR FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR INJURY BASED ON ERRORS OR OMISSION, INTERRUPTIONS OR ANY OTHER INACCURACIES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT). A CLIENT'S REMEDY FOR CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT HE/SHE HAS PAID, IF ANY, TO US FOR USE OF ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY BETTEREDIT.COM PROVIDED PROOF OF CLAIM IS DEMONSTRATED. ALL EDITORS PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT EDITED DOCUMENTS ARE "PERFECT" OR "WITHOUT ERROR". THOSE WHO ACCESS THIS SERVICE CHOOSE TO DO SO ON THEIR OWN INITIATIVE AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAWS.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that the information published on the site is accurate, BetterEdit.com shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including any indirect or consequential loss) arising in any way from inaccuracies published on the website. BetterEdit.com makes no warranty of any kind regarding quality, accuracy or completeness of any content on the website, which may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors, or the use of the website or any hyperlinked website and to the full extent permitted by law all representations, conditions and warranties are excluded.
Close This Window
- The website provides links and pointers to other internet websites which are controlled and maintained by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience, and do not constitute an endorsement by BetterEdit.com of the websites linked or referred to.
- No endorsement of any third party products, services or websites is intended by any content or links on this website.